School Governance Council Overview
The purpose of the School Governance Council (SGC) is to provide parents, school staff, students, and community members with a leadership role in the management of the strategic direction of our school in its academic mission. The council has five main responsibilities:
- Develop and approve the school strategic plan and updates
- Approve the annual budget and annual resource allocations
- Apply for and manage the Request for Flexibility process
- Participate in hiring the principal (in the case of a vacancy)
- Provide annual feedback on principal performance.
The School Governance Council is a governing body that is representative of the community and the school, but operates under the control and management of the Board of Education. One of our most important goals is to ensure that we serve our school community effectively. There are two main committees that provide support within the SGC.
Budget and Finance Committee
This committee will coordinate the council’s efforts to approve the annual school budget, review revenues and expenditures, and assist with acquiring community resources for the school.
Outreach and Communications Committee
This committee is tasked with keeping the community informed on the progress of our strategic plan, budget, and all requests for flexibility. In addition, the committee will seek community input for all flexibility requests and relay community feedback to the committee.
If you have any questions regarding the School Governance Council at Centennial High School, please access this link and send us your questions.
Meeting Dates & Locations
The CHS School Governance Council is subject to the Open Meetings Act and meetings are open to the community. All meetings will take place at 7:30AM in the Learning Commons Conference Room.
· August 3, 2017
· September 18, 2017
· November 13, 2017
· December 11, 2017
· January 8, 2018
· February 12, 2018
· March 12, 2018
· April 9, 2018
· May 14, 2018
Ms. Kibbey Crumbley
Diane Jacobi – Parent (term ends 6/30/2019)
Kristin Sharpe – Parent (term ends 6/30/2019)
Chelsea Burney- Teacher (term ends 06/30/2018)
Jen Wunderlich – Parent (term ends 6/30/2018)
Marie Willsey – Community Member (term ends 6/30/2018)
Agendas, Meeting Summaries & Minutes
December 11, 2017 in the Learning Commons
For archives of prior years meeting agendas, minutes, and summaries, please click here.
* Three Existing Requests for Flexibility:
* Requests for flexibility allow our local school to request exemptions from certain Fulton County or state rules. This process provides our school with the opportunity to tailor our students’ education.